“During the first quarter we continued our work on reducing our carbon footprint. I am happy to report that we are in line with the goals we have set. While our own footprint is important, we leverage the greatest effect if we can also succeed at inspiring our customers to make more sustainable choices. As part of this work, in early April we launched the digital tool Mitt klimatmål (“My climate goal”), which gives ICA customers a unique opportunity to monitor the carbon footprint of their food purchases,” comments Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Gruppen.
See the sustainability report for more information, including:
- Greenhouse gas emissions continued to decrease during the quarter, falling 54% since the base year 2006. The decrease is mainly attributable to energy efficiency improvements and a changeover to renewable fuels and renewable electricity in the Swedish operations, and continued investments in renewable electricity in Rimi Baltic
- New sustainability target adopted – and adjustment of existing ones.
- Reduction of sugar content by 30% in soda pop, fruit drink concentrate and fruit drinks sold under ICA Sweden’s private label.
- Two new awards created to highlight the importance of entrepreneurship.
- Several initiatives to increase integration and narrow the gap between cities and the countryside.
- Launch of mentoring programme for female store employees with aspirations to become store owners.
For more information
ICA Gruppen press service, Telephone number: +46 10 422 52 52