A cookie is a text file that is stored on your computer, smartphone or other device you use to visit a website. Cookies are used to recognise your device the next time you visit the website. There are also other, similar techniques, such as pixel tags (transparent images that may be included in emails sent to you) and web storage (which can be used to store information in your device’s browser). On this page we refer to all of these types of techniques as cookies.
Certain cookies contain personal data, such your IP address, but not all. For information about how ICA Gruppen processes your personal data and for what purposes, click here
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies:
• Session cookies are stored during the time you are using the website and are deleted when you close your web browser.
• Persistent cookies are stored on your device during a certain period of time or until you remove them.
We use both first-party cookies and third-party cookies:
• First-party cookies are placed by the website you are visiting.
• Third-party cookies are placed by another party than the website you are visiting.
We place cookies on your computer or device and read information that is stored in cookies when
• you use and visit our websites, including icagruppen.se; and
• you open an email from us, such as to see if an email has been opened.
Generally, cookies are used to augment functionality on icagruppen.se an enable us to process, protect and develop our systems and services, and to follow up and evaluate the use of our digital channels for an improved experience.
We use the following categories of cookies for the purposes described below.
Follow up and evaluate
Categories of cookies
Example: Cookies are used to collect visit and click statistics on icagruppen.se and to see the opening statistics for emails.
Process, protect and develop our systems and services
Categories of cookies
Example: To protect the website from attacks and overloads.
We have broken down the cookies we use into the following categories:
• Analysis cookies are used to collect and analyse statistics, such as visiting and clicking history or opening statistics
• Functional cookies are used to enable functionality on the website, such as by ensuring that the website is not overloaded
• Necessary cookies are needed to ensure that the website will work as intended
• Security cookies are needed for security purposes, such as protecting the website from attacks
Your web browser
Note that if you choose to block cookies in your browser, our websites may not work the way they should or you may not be able to use certain functions. If you would like more information, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.