At the IPO in 2005, ICA Gruppen established a share structure with two classes of shares: ordinary shares and C shares. The C shares, were not listed and had no carry entitlement to a cash dividend for the financial years 2005–2015.
In May 2013, ICA Gruppen implemented a rights issue of SEK 5 billion through the issuance of 40,229,359 new ordinary shares. The number of ordinary shares amounted to 119,078,903 after the issue. The number of C shares remained unchanged at 82,067,892, and represented 41% of the total number of shares. The remaining 59% were listed ordinary shares.
In January 2016 the C shares were converted into listed ordinary shares whereby all outstanding shares ICA Gruppen gave a right to a cash dividend from the financial year 2016.