ICA and the Center for Retailing
ICA Gruppen, through the Hakon Swenson Foundation, is one of the initiators of the Center for Retailing (CFR) Bachelor’s degree in Retail Management and participates in the course offering by providing funding and through student contacts. ICA works in cooperation with the center to ensure that students are offered opportunities to work on their degree thesis, have an internship or be employed within the Group.
The Hakon Swenson Foundation was founded in spring 2007 to support research, education and entrepreneurship in the consumer and retail area. Read more about the Hakon Swenson Foundation ›
Work group to monitor research opportunities
To optimise our collaboration with CFR, a work group was formed at the beginning of 2014 to monitor research activity and opportunities for ICA Gruppen. Among other things, the group will:
- start a multi-year research collaboration on the theme Marketing in Stores
- coordinate ICA’s research needs centrally and in stores, draw up annual plans and identify requirements for research assignments with CFR, get researchers involved etc.
- engage supervisors from the line in relevant research assignments
- ensure that research results benefit the entire ICA organisation
- create degree projects and thesis topics at the C level
Collaboration in other countries
ICA Gruppen works with major universities in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, and Rimi offers both internships and opportunities for students to work on their thesis.