“During the quarter we continued our work on achieving our ambitious climate target, among other things by further reducing our emissions and increasing our resource efficiency. I am very happy to note that we soon will have halved our emissions compared with the base year 2006. This shows that we are well on our way to achieving this target,” commented Per Strömberg, CEO of ICA Gruppen.
See the sustainability report for more information, including:
- ICA Gruppen’s greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 45% during the period October 2016–September 2017 compared with the base year 2006.
- Store sales of ecolabelled, organic and ethically labelled products in ICA Sweden’s central assortment increased by 6% during the period October 2016–September 2017 compared with the corresponding period a year ago.
- 40% fewer plastic bags used after Apotek Hjärtat began charging for bags and more clearly informing customers about their environmental impact.
- ICA Bank launched green leasing, making it easier for independent ICA retailers to change over to climate-smart refrigeration equipment.
- Over-the-counter generic medicines sold under the ABECE brand now bear the “Choose with Your Heart” (Välj med Hjärtat) marking, certifying that their manufacturers meet Apotek Hjärtat’s environmental and sustainability criteria.